MOROCCO 8 DAY TOUR FROM MARRAKECH
This Morocco 8 day tour can take you on a captivating journey through some most iconic and diverse destinations of Morocco
This Morocco 8 day tour from Marrakech to via desert (Erg Chebbi) is an opportunity to travel through the High Atlas Mountains. Visit Ait Ben Haddou. Stop in Ouarzazate and take pictures next to the “Atlas studio”, the Roses valley and the Dades gorges. Camel ride & night camp in the Sahara desert.
We will spend the night in the Berber tents in the middle of the dunes, after that we will return to our way to Fez in another direction. We will visit Rissani Markt, Erfoud, Errachidia, Midelt, Azrou. Then we will continue towards Meknes, Volubilis, Chefchaouen, Rabat and Casablanca until Marrakech.
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS MOROCCO 8 DAY TOUR
- Spectacular views of the landscapes of the Atlas Mountains.
- Explore the UNESCO world heritage of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
- Spend a night in the midst of the impressive Dades gorges
- Panoramic views of the dunes of Erg Chebbi
- Watch the sunset over the sand dunes
- Experience the camel ride in Merzouga Sahara
- Night in Camp in Merzouga
- Hearty dinner and feast around a campfire (Berber drums)
- Explore Marrakech with a local guide.
- Visit the namad family on the edge of the dunes of Erg Chebbi
- Visit Fez with a local guide.
- Discover the ancient Roman city of Volubilis
ITINERARY OF 8 DAYS TOUR FROM MARRAKECH
DAY 1: Marrakech - acrossing the high Atlas Mountains - Ait Ben Haddou - Dades Valley
Leave your accommodation or airport on Morocco 8 day tour from Marrakech to Merzouga in the morning and travel to the Dades Valley. We will pass the High Atlas Mountains as we turn along the famous Tizi N-Tichka pass with 2260 m high.
On the way, we will visit Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, the UNESCO World Heritage site since 1987. It has been used in many films such as Laurence of Arabia, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and more.
Enjoy wonderful panoramic views with different colors and small Berber villages. We will stop at different viewpoints to see and take some photos. Then continue our Morocco 8 day tour towards the city of Ouarzazate recognized as «the gate of the Sahara desert».
Visit the Kasbah Taourirt and Films studios, then continue towards Dades Gorges crossing the beautiful road of a thousand Kasbahs, arrival at Boumalne Dades, dinner and accommodation in a riad or traditional hotel.
DAY 2: Dades Valley - Todgha Gorge - Sahara desert
After a traditional Moroccan breakfast, we will depart from Dades towards Todra Gorges. Before taking the road of 1000 kasbahs, towards the town of Tinghir and the gorge of Todra, enjoy a walk through the narrow canyon of the gorges of the Dades and take pictures along the valleys of about 300 m high, a favorite place for mountaineers.
Then our Morocco 8 day tour continues towards the Sahara desert of Merzouga, you will have time to have lunch at a local restaurant on the way before reaching the dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga late afternoon.
Take a camel trek for about 1h 30min to reach the heart of the desert and also be able to admire the beautiful sunset from the top of the highest sand dunes.
Enjoy a delicious dinner to the rhythm of Berber music and drumming, and spend the night in a standard or luxury camp in the desert under a clear sky dotted with bright stars.
DAY 3: Entire Day To Sightseeing the Sahara Desert
First thing in the morning, your camel guide will wake you up to see and enjoy the best sunrise of your life. After breakfast, you will make a camel trek back to your riad or hotel in Merzouga, where your driver/guide awaits you to start our off-road adventure tour around the sand dunes.
Take the opportunity to discover the Merzouga region. Explore the Berber villages and start with a visit to the black village of Khamlia. A warm hospitable welcome with a cup of tea while enjoying your Gnawa spiritual music.
Enjoy the beautiful panoramic view of the sand dunes and experience the lifestyle of nomads while living under tents and tending herds of goats and camels.
Visit some deserted mines and a palm oasis. Return to Merzouga. You have free time to experience the streets of Merzouga.
DAY 4: Merzouga desert - Ziz Valley - Azrou - Ifrane - Fes
After breakfast, we leave the desert to visit the city of Rissani, the ancient capital of Tafilalet. Rissani remains an important trade centre in the region, with a large souk bustling on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. After a walk through the souk of Rissani, we continue towards Erfoud where we visit one of the fossilized marble workshops
After that we drive along the Ziz River, stop for a panoramic view of the Ziz Valley. Free time for lunch in Midelt. Then we continue our Morocco 8 day tour to the cedar forest, where the Barbary macaques live. Free time to feed them while you walk through the forest. Then we will visit Ifrane, famous for its low temperature, snow and alpine style houses – no wonder it is called the Switzerland of Morocco. Finally, we leave you at your accommodation in Fes.
Day 5: FES guided tour
Exploring the wonderful oldest monuments of the city of Fez is a must and an exciting opportunity not to be missed during your visit to Morocco. Enjoy a half-day guided walking tour of the medina with a local guide, with free afternoon time to explore more places in the city. The medina of Fez is the world’s largest living ancient medina and a UNESCO site since 1981.
In addition, you will explore the ancient historical monuments in the old medina (Fes-el-Bali) such as the Nejjarin Museum, Al Quaraouin which is the oldest university in Morocco, the Jewish quarter, and see the famous tannery of Fez from above, and more. Overnight in hotel or riad.
Day 6: Fes - Meknas - Volubilis - Chefchaouen
After breakfast, we leave to visit Meknes, the Ismaili capital and one of the imperial cities. Where we will visit: Bab Al-Mansour, the Sahrij Souani basin, the royal stables, the barn and the mausoleum of Moulay Ismail. Free time for lunch. Then we head 30 km from Meknes to visit the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis. It is well preserved, as it is recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It has many beautiful mosaics scattered here and there, along with ancient pillars and arches. Overnight in Chefchaouen.
Day 7: Chefchaouen - Rabat
After a delicious breakfast in the blue city, we will hit the road to the Morocco’s capital of Rabat. Upon arrival, we will visit some important historical landmarks of the city for example; Hassan II tower, and famous Kasbah of Udayas. Overnight in Rabat.
Day 8: Rabat - Optional transfer to Casablanca, Tangier, or Marrakech.
On the morning pack for your leaving to either these destinations, Casablanca, Marrakech or Tangier. By the way, here is the end point of your unforgettable Morocco 8 day tour from Marrakech.
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN THE 8 DAY TOUR FROM MARRAKECH
- Transportation: Private modern transport with A/C.
- Pick up & Drop off to and from Airport.
- English-speaking guide: knowledgeable guide who speaks English or Spanish.
- Accommodation: 6 nights in the good hotels and riads and 1 night in the desert camp. (private tent and rooms)
- Meals: Daily breakfast/ Dinner includes only in the first, second, and third night.
- Camel trekking for each.
- Local guide in Fes.
- Try sandboarding in your own.
- 4×4 car to explore the desert.
- Lunches and dinners: dinner meals are excluded in the other days that are not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Entrance fees: Entrance fees to attractions and historical sites.
- Tips: it is optional to tip your guide/driver.
- Personal expenses: Any personal expenses, such as souvenirs, snacks, or drinks,…
MOROCCO 8 DAYS TOUR PRICE
The price of Morocco 8 Day tour can vary depending on various factors such as the level of accommodation, number of travelers, activities included, and the season you plan to visit.
On average, a Morocco 8 day tour from Marrakech can costs anywhere from $850 per person. This would include accommodation, transportation (such as a private vehicle with a driver), some meals, and guided tours to popular destinations.
BOOK YOUR MOROCCO 8 DAY TOUR FROM MARRAKECH
Email us for any inquiry, and we happily to answer you ASAP.
Please make sure that your E-mail is correct to get our response.
THE REVIEWS OF 8 DAYS DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH
Here are some reviews of our great customers based on their experience with us click on the link below to see all what people said about our Morocco 8 day tour.
Best 8 days tour of Morocco
My friends and I went to Morocco with To Morocco Travel and had a great time there thanks to our guides who did a brilliant job driving us to wonderful places. Also, we met other groups travelling like us and became good friends! Looking forward to schedule the next visit 🙂
Stunning 8 day in Morocco
The best trip by far! I loved our 8 days tour from Marrakech with Hassan. He took us to all the must see attractions and he was very patient with us as we stopped by a few shops for souvenirs. Hassan also invited us to his house for tea! Super hospitable. He would definitely go back to Morocco again
Incredible 8 days in Morocco
Unforgettable Morocco 8 day to the desert, the driver and guide showed us beautiful places, friendly and professional treatment. The camp between the dunes was wonderful, concert with the Berbres and delicious food. I recommend it 100%
More Reviews On Tripadvisor
BEST MOROCCO DESERT TOURS
- Amazing desert tours from Marrakech you may interested in, such as; at least tour you can do to the Sahara desert is 2 days tour Marrakech to Merzouga, but if you don’t want to be in rush and enjoy every moment on the way choose this 3 days Desert tour from Marrakech, also if you want to end your trip in Fes we recommended you with this 3 days Marrakech to Fes , as well if you want to have an extra day in the desert you can take a look at this 4 Days tour Marrakech to Merzouga, and in case you need to end your trip in Fes take this 4 Days tour Marrakech to Fes. And 5 days tour from Marrakech.
- Top desert tours from Fes, may be you interested in such as; at least trip is 2 days trip Fes to Merzouga, and if you want to have enough time to explore on the way choose this 3 days desert tour from Fes , as well if you want to end your trip in Marrakech read about this 3 days tour Fes to Marrakech, also if you want to add an extra day in the desert take this 4 days tour Fes to Marrakech. and for those who want to cover the most beautiful spots in Morocco, take a look at this 6 days desert tour from Fes.
- Great tours from Casablanca; at least trip to visit the Sahara desert is this 5 days desert tour from Casablanca, and for those who want to discover the imperial cities read about this 6 days tour from Casablaca, also blend of Sahara desert and imperial cities take this 8 days tour from Casablanca, as well as 9 days tour from Casablanca, in addition to 12 days tour from Casablanca,
- Best trips from Tangier such as; 5 days tour from Tangier ended in Marrakech, or take this 6 days desert tour from Tangier, for extra time to enjoy your trip to the max choose 7 days desert tour Tangier
Contact Us For Any Inquiries